George E. Cawthon

Default Those bloody bath taps

wrote:
I need some advice. I have a regular set of bath taps (2 handle faucet
with the shower plunger in the middle). The Threads are worn in the
seats - can't re-tap them. The surround tile is real nice stuff and I
can't replace this.(match up). Am I looking at a complete tile job to
replace the taps or can I do the job with the 10 spare matching tiles
that the previous owner left under the vanity. To remove the tap
divertor and spout area it would take 8 tiles plus one for on top where
the shower spout is. Guess the main worry is if I have to, for some
reason remove the verticle row of tiles that cover the area where the
shower pipe leaves the divertor and ends at the shower spout.

Don't forget to look at what is on the other side
of the taps. Is it a room, or is it an outside
wall? If it is a room, would it be simpler to
change the taps by removing part of the wall in
that room. It is certainly easier to repair a
piece, even a big piece, of wall board than to
mess with tile.