Arfa Daily

Default Koss CDP607 Portable CD player won't recognise CD

"Hans" wrote in message
Hopefully I am posting in the right newsgroup. Anyway, just wondering if
it is easily fixable, or if I should get rid of it. It works, save for
recognising any CD's, which doesn't help any! It was manufactured in 1997.
Thanks.

Does the laser head ' home ' ie move to the centre of the disc when the lid
is shut ? Does the display look like it's wanting to read when you shut the
lid, or does it stay completely passive ?
Does it spin up the disc or make any noises ?

Common problems with portables are stuck lasers due to mechanical probs in
the sled drive, bad switch contacts on the door sense switch, broken
operating pin for same switch, and of course, worn out lasers which, with an
8 year old player, may well be your problem ...

Arfa