Luigi Zanasi

Default When did SHINY become COOL

On 8 Nov 2005 14:03:52 -0800, "Charlie Self"
scribbled:

Ravens and crows (just what IS the difference?) also like the bright
and shiny. Every nest I've ever heard of has had at least one shiny
item.

Ravens (Corvus corax) are much bigger than other crows, usually more
than 2 feet long and with wingspans most often over 4 feet. Probably
the smartest bird, smarter than sled dogs whose food they tend to
steal. They also signal wolves where potential prey is, so the wolves
can kill them and the ravens get to feast. Pretty amazing birds to
watch. Extremely common around here in the winter where they like to
perch on street lights, especially the ones with photoelectric cells.
They have learned to warm themselves up by sitting on the cell and
turning on the light during the day. Also, we can't leave garbage out
in the open, it has to be in a garbage can or else they will get to it
and make a mess by strewing all the inedibles over the street.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ct_Woodworking