jim rozen

Default cutting thick cable - neat trick, works great

In article , Grant Erwin says...

am not an electrician and don't own a cable cutting tool. I had up until now
done the first hack with my bolt cutters and then nipped off the cut bit by bit
with dykes, laboriously.

Anyone who cuts rubber hose or cable like that a lot knows another
nice trick: Bend the hose or cable in a tight bend, and cut on the
outside of the bend.

Most trouble happens because the knife gets trapped between the
cut ends and develops a lot of friction. If the cut ends are
tensioned to spring away, it goes a *lot* easier.

Jim

please reply to: