chris French

Default No heat upstairs, cannot locate CH pump, what to do

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes

Tony wrote:

I'm having trouble getting the upstairs radiators warm, the downstairs
ones are fine. I've bled the upstairs radiators but this hasn't made
any difference..

I suspect that the pump may be the problem. Unfortunatly I cannot
locate the pump, the boiler (Ideal Mexico ) is located in a cupboard
in the kitchen, but I dunno where the pump is, I can hear a clicky
sound from under the floor close to the boiler,under the kitchen
cupboards/worksurface etc. maybe its there.

IIRC the pump is inside the boiler case on a Mexico.

We have a Mexico, there is an external pump - though it's a few (3-5)
years old and of course I don't know what other models there might be.

In our last house the pump was indeed underneath the middle of the
kitchen floor.... Damn stupid place for a pump :-) took me while to
find it as I couldn't believe it was in such a silly place

OK there was access into the crawl space from the hall way - but it was
an awkward shuffle on your back.
--
Chris French