Wayne Whitney

Default Makita's new LXT cordless: anyone tried them yet?

On 2005-11-08, toolguy wrote:

So, have any of you bought these or tried them out yet? I'd like to
hear some comments or reviews.

I've bought them but not really had a chance to test them. I talked
the local Borg into letting me use a HF 20% off coupon on them.

My initial impressions: the fit and finish is excellent. The charger
has a little fan in it, which makes a mildly annoying sound, but it
only takes 45 minutes or so to charge. The manuals all have a comment
in them about how if you've drained one battery using a tool
continuously, let the motor rest 15 minutes before continuing with a
new battery. All the motors have an electric brake, so the tool stop
almost instantly when you release the trigger. All the motors also
have externally replaceable brushes, which is nice. Those are the
only things that jumped out at me.

Best wishes, Wayne