toolguy

Default Makita's new LXT cordless: anyone tried them yet?

My old cordless 12V Makita is dying. It's served me well. I have been
shopping for a replacement and was fairly set on Hitachi's DMR line of
14.4V tools. I was going to get the hammer/drill and impact driver but
I came across Makita's new LXT line on the web last night. Wow, they
look great. For those of you who haven't seen these yet, besides
having all the neat features you want on these tools, they have a very
innovative battery. It's lithium ion and its an 18V that weighs the
same as a 12V. I was sketical so I looked up the Hitachi (14.4V) units
to compare weights. Yup, the Makita's are about a pound less each with
more power, and apparently longer battery life. They just came out
about a month ago and they are more money than the Hitachi's. Go
figure.

So, have any of you bought these or tried them out yet? I'd like to
hear some comments or reviews.

TIA

Neil