skeezics

Default Unisaw motor mount

On 8 Nov 2005 11:03:17 -0800, "the_tool_man"
wrote:

Ahh, well, that's plan A. However, I've been looking for months
(years, counting some casual trips to local auctions and such). All
the Unisaws in good shape with single-phase motors I've found are going
for $1000+ around here. Last auction I went to, even that Unisaw
brought $650 with a 3-phase motor, badly rusted table and no fence.
Plan B is to find a well-used one at a school auction for $400 - $500
and spend some time fixing it up. I have a VFD if it's 3-phase, but I
can only go 230V. If it's 460V, I'd need a 3-phase transformer, which
I don't have. I do have several 230V 3-phase motors (some TENV
washdown duty) but no mounting, which is why I asked my original
questions.

I know motors can be rewound for different voltages. Can a 3-phase
motor be rebuilt into a single phase? If I buy one that needs
rebuilding anyway...

Regards,
John.

on another note.... i still have the 3 ph original motor from my saw.
it is 240 volt . if you were in or around central NC you could get it
cheap. i aint gonna try shipping this beasty! it ran fine when i
looked at the saw.

skeez