Ed Huntress

Default Lead part - cast or turn?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ed Huntress wrote:

Of course, the long-wheelbase deal is the real biggie, but I don't like
seeing them without a special class. They're sure to win if they're done
well.

Don't you have a bounding box rule?

The bounding box isn't the issue. A long-wheelbase car, done properly, will
fit in the bounding box.

In packs and districts where they really get into this, they have a separate
class for long-wheelbase cars. They're MUCH faster. The wheels go right out
to the corners of the bounding box, and to the corners of the car.

Saw a kid have to carve off a nice spoiler he'd added to the back
because it was outside the box...

Too bad. I've thought about trying an airfoil on top, one that lifts rather
than presses down, but I've restrained myself. g

--
Ed Huntress