Proctologically Violated©®

Default Newbie Tool question

Electricians also use a hickey-type tubing bender.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Doylesee" wrote in message
oups.com...
I make a hand rebar bender. I normally sell them to custom rebar
installer in the swimming pool and spa trade. you might check them out
at this link.

http://www.fishiron.com/hickey.htm

wrote:
I've been reading this group for a while now and am impressed with the
knowledge I've seen. I've learned alot. I am new to metalworking, and
have a couple of questions I hope you can help with.

I want to make some ornamental things, mostly one-offs such as bird
feeder hangers, artistic wall hangings, etc. This would involved
making bends in mild steel. I plan to use mostly thin plate (less than
1/4 " for sure - mostly 24 gauge) and round and square bar (nothing
more than 3/8" - mostly 1/4" and smaller) and possibly rebar. This
would all be out of mild steel or possibly copper wire and the radius'
involved could be quite small (2-3"). This might also include large
curves, rings, etc.

I have a MIG welder, vise, hand tools, propane torch, and mapp/oxygen
torch. I think i should purchase one of these, bur I'm not sure which
would be best. Does anyone have any recomendations or other
suggestions?

A "universal bender" I see at

A parts bender at
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ctId=630&R=630