EricP

Default Wiring load question

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:13:45 -0000, "Bob Watkinson"
wrote:

Any comments please?

2.5mm flat tw/e has a current carrying capacity of 20A. The IEE regs do
allow a spur to be wired in 2.5 despite the potential 26A loading. It's not
a situation I would design for though and if you can incorporate it into
your ring I would do it.

Thanks for the figures, exactly what I want. As the appliances are the
type where the maximum loading could be prolonged, I will extend the
ring. The installer put conduit in and everything, why not the extra
little bit of cheap cable? He must have spent longer twisting the
three pairs of wires and fitting them in the back of the socket.

I may be able to pull through the conduit, but if not, it's only 2m of
bolster work through decent plaster. Could have done without it
though.

Again many thanks )