Jerry

Default No heat upstairs, cannot locate CH pump, what to do

In article , Tony
writes
I'm having trouble getting the upstairs radiators warm, the downstairs
ones are fine. I've bled the upstairs radiators but this hasn't made
any difference..

I suspect that the pump may be the problem. Unfortunatly I cannot
locate the pump, the boiler (Ideal Mexico ) is located in a cupboard
in the kitchen, but I dunno where the pump is, I can hear a clicky
sound from under the floor close to the boiler,under the kitchen
cupboards/worksurface etc. maybe its there.

Anyhows the kitchen was modenised just before we moved in, about 4
years ago and the floor is covered with nice stone tiles, so removing
the floorboards to locate the pump is really not an option.I would
have to totally remove the cupboards and worksurface also.

Can I add a second pump to the system somewhere to boost the water
upstairs and around the cold radiators. If so can someone suggest a
pump and where I should place it..

Ofcourse the problem could be something else , but I cannot think of
anything else it might be .

Many thanks from a gratefully novice.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

.. Tony

You could try lifting floorboards outside of the kitchen area. In a
previous property I owned, I had to trace a leak from the heating system
that I suspected was under the floorboards. I found that access points
had been left in the sleeper walls that gave access to most of the under
floor area. Even if there is no access, the sleeper walls are usually
honeycomb construction and you can easily knock out a few bricks to get
through.
--
Jerry