John

Default Warm air heating

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:31:00 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 23:09:52 +0000, gastec wrote:

yes the older models could pump c/o around the house....less and less
gas engineers are requalifying to work on warm air as there is no money
in it...the goverment is pushing to stop the sales of less efficiant c/h
systems and this is putting the final nail in the coffin for warm
air....however there are folks that like warm air...its possible to
intall a wet ch boiler that sources heat to a warm air unit via a
special heat exchanger...expensive and Ive never saw one installed in
the uk ..

Odd. I have a CH boiler feeding half a dozen fan convectors...

That is how you do it these days.

.. and indeed for at least the last 25 years.

Also the use of a garage or outhouse located oil boiler with a centrally
located indoor fan and heat exchanger serving the ducting distribution is
not uncommon on my patch. (Afos is the make which jumps to mind)