Andy Hall

Default Council tax and new ways..........

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:22:03 +0000, Mark wrote:

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:29:43 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

The question is about the delivery model and the choice.

There should be a range of options available, operated by the state
sector and the private sector, and people should have the freedom to
choose. It should be possible to take a sum of money or voucher
(which is the same for everybody) and spend it at any facility with
the option of topping it up if the individual wishes to do so.

If there was a voucher system like you suggest I don't know how state
schools could survive. If you (and others) choose to use your
vouchers, for example, at a private school that would mean less
resources for the state school (unless the gov't put more money
overall into such a system and I doubt this would happen).

I think that most state schools would survive and some would not.
People would have their choices, but simply on a broader basis than
today.

--

..andy