RBM

Default Light Fixture

If it overheats, it'll burn the lamp out prematurely. You might try a
physically smaller lamp like an appliance lamp

"Corinne" wrote in message
I want to put an outdoor light fixture on my shed.

It will have a light sensor on it so that I do not have to bother turning
it off and on.

It is one of those cheap light fixtures that has a clear glass cover that
looks like a canning jar. The problem is that when I insert the light
sensor, and then put the light bulb on top of that, it only leaves
about 1/4 of an inch of space at the bottom of the jar cover.

The bulb is a 60 watt. Is this going to get too hot and maybe explode?

Thanks.

Corinne