Leonard Caillouet

Default RCA P46730WK PTK169PCA flicker in video, tuner

Thanks for the attempt at help. However, I don't agree that the TEA2261
always needs to be changed. We fix a lot more of them that just need the
three caps that typically go bad. In this case, however, the PS output is
solid, with no changes in dc or ripple when the symptom occurs. The boards
have been checked for coolant very carefully, as for leaky caps. In fact,
most of the likely suspect caps have been tested or changed. Obvioulsly we
haven't got he right one yet...

Leonard

"Skype_man" wrote in message
.. .
With the RCA CTC 169 Projo's, you must, by habit, always
change the TEA2261 PWM IC, & all caps around it! CTC169-
Kit. Also check for coolant leaks. Sometimes you will find black
residue on the bottom of the main pcb, caused by leaky caps. Sky.