Andrew Mawson

Default locating drain access point

"Rich K" wrote in message
k...
Our house was built in 1910 and we are selling it. The buyers want

to get
the drains checked out using a cctv thingy and that's fine by me

except I
can't locate an access point anywhere.

Where I suspect it *might* be is undernieth paving stones and 2

inches of
sand as laid by the previous owners. (I know this from removing said

paving
stones from the garden and discovering the original black bricked

path below
it - much nicer tbh).

Without actually digging the whole lot up just to look, is there any

way of
determining the direction a drain is taking? To make an educated

guess as to
it's location.

Or, could it be possible that there is no access point at all? I

have looked
on the neighbours side and they don't have one either.

Thanks
Rich.

I have a thing (bootsale bargain) that screws onto the end of a set of
drain rods, and transmits a low power radio signal, and the
accompanying tracker follows it, but you still need somewhere to slide
the rod in.

If you know the rough track of the drain and the access point has a
cast iron cover, you might find it with a metal detector.

AWEM