Shano

Default OT - How could the volume of a person be found?

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message ...
"Nick Brooks" wrote in message
RichardS wrote:

Define obesity.

BMI (body mass index) = weight_(in kg) / (height (in cm) squared)

BMI 18.5 underweight
18.5 - 24.9 Normal
25 - 29.9 Overweight
30 Obese

Figures for women may vary

that's the answer that I thought would come back.

The problem with BMI can be shown by the fact that Mr Schwarzenegger's well
publicised vital stats from his competing days put him into the category of
"Obese", all of the sprinters in the forthcoming Olympics will probably also
be in that category!

So, guess which indicator our wonderful government uses to tell us all
there's a growing obesity problem....

The latest issue of Men's Health has just this point in it. Jonny
Wilkinson et al all being examples of 'obesity' based upon this
simplistic formula.

Shano