Kevin

Default Cabinet too low for Over-The-Range Microwave

"Michael Daly" wrote in message

On 7-Nov-2005, "Kevin" wrote:

I have 29" from the top of my stove to the bottom of the cabinet

directly
above (vent hood is installed now).

If the cabinets are modular and easy to disassemble, it's not too hard
to cut them down to size. I did that for a freind. I unbolted the
cabinet from the others and the wall, disassembled it, cut down the sides
and reassembled it. The doors were no longer available in that style,
so I was unable to buy new ones of the right size. The rails and stiles
on the door were glued on and came off easily with a dead-blow hammer.
I cut them down, as well as the interior panel, and glued the whole thing
back together. I had to remount the lower hinges - the most difficult

part
of the exercise since they are European style hinges.

Most folks couldn't tell the cabinet wasn't made that way. I can, but
then most workmen can see the tiny flaws they regret making in a bit
of work.

Mike

Thanks, thats kind of what I was thinking, now I just have to learn how cut
straight.