Trekking Tom

Default Water Heaters...

On 7 Nov 2005 06:04:04 -0800, "scale" wrote:

No it is a gas water heater setup. Not an electric. I was also looking
at the home depot today and a few things hit me as weird. THe plasic
pan says it isnt made for gas water heaters. I take it this is code or
some sort of strange rule where you can only use a metal pan?

Also, i dont have shutoffs on or near my inlet pipe so once i do the
replacing of my water heater, IM going to go from my straight 3/4in
pipe into a shut off into another straight down into one of those
threaded copper fittings that screw right on the top of the heater and
then solder on the pipe to complete.

The important parts of a dielectric union are the plastic back washer
and the rubber washer the keeps the 2 metals a part.
I have done it both ways with and without Dielectric unions, never
again without.
Those flex pipe attachment kits are much more likely to spring a leak
compared to copper piping....
You can cut the copper to any size you want so how can you not hit
your target ?

Tom

PS. those guys at HD are the ones who cannot make it in the
trades.......