Andy Cuffe

Default BAH! New (2 me) panasonic tube fading in and out

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:38:53 GMT, "Brian" wrote:

I just got a 27" panasonic TV a month ago. It's rather old, from 1993. It
had a blown speaker and I replaced it. It had a perfect picture until
recently.

It started to fade the picture to all black then back. It became more
frequent over the week.

If the picture is fading gradually in and out, check for the heater
glow in the neck of the CRT. If the heaters go out when the picture
fades out, you've found the problem. There's not much that can cause
that (usually either bad soldering, or an intermittent resistor).

Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005