Luigi Zanasi

Default Window and door trim - Looking for INSPIRATION

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:28:43 -0500, loutent
scribbled:

In article , Luigi Zanasi
wrote:

snip of request

Hi Luigi,

We have 'agonized' over new trim around our doors/windows also.
Have found Jay Sieber's book 'Decorating With Architectural Trimwork'
to be a good source of ideas.

Every situation is different, but we replaced our original 2.5 inch
'builders' crap with a very nice 3 piece built-up style. Our house is
certainly modest, so we did not want something grand, but by
adapting some of the many ideas he presented, we found a nice
compromise.

I have several other trimwork books (including Tautons), but
Sieber's has the most informative info for the woodworker IMHO.

I actually bought most of the molding from HD and built it up
to the desired profile. It's amazing what you can do with very
simple/available profiles when you see how they can be combined
to make something interesting/spectacular.

Of course, when you have a 3 piece molding around your windows
and doors it is close to 3 times the work!

Thanks, Lou. I ran across the book in my searches, but it's good to
find out someone I know has found it useful for exactly what I need.
So, I've just ordered it.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ct_Woodworking