Hawke

Default OT-Got to love the Liberals

"tillius" wrote in message
ups.com...
Second, there is no god.

If there is no God, why is it that you atheists get so worked up about
those who know God is real? There's an awful lot of hate of the
Faithful, especially Christians, that spews forth from the mouths of
you progressive types. If we're so foolish, just let us bask in the
glory of our foolishness. Someone praying to a God that doesn't exist
in a school doesn't hurt you at all. How could it, if God doesn't
exist?

You are certainly entitled to your faith that there is no God, after
all, God gave you the free will to embrace that faith, but I am
certainly entitled to accept the fact the God is real.

I don't have to read your statements of faith that there is no God
anymore that you have to read my acknowledgement of God. If you stand
on the corner shouting 'God is a Lie', I might get annoyed, but it is
your right and I won't stop you. If you want to stand during a silent
moment in a public school and proclaim your faith in the non-existence
of God, you certainly have the right to do that, just as I should have
to right to use that time to pray to God, silently or aloud.

Bottom line, we're not trying to pass laws or re-interpret the
constitution to prevent you from professing your faith, although I do
acknoledge that occurred (wrongly) in the past. Why do you fight so
hard to restrict our Faith? What about it threatens you so?

You got it backward, Bub. It's you Christians that are tying to push your
religion on everyone else. It isn't enough for you to have the freedom to
practice your religion on your own time, but you have to cram it down the
throats of the rest of us. Your crowd has been trying to make all students
in school pray to your God for 50 years. You crowd is trying to force the
government to make everyone else follow your religious rules of morality.
Nobody is trying to restrict your faith. You are entitled to follow whatever
religion you want. The rest of us would just appreciate it if you kept it to
yourself. If you do that, we'll do the same. But as long as you can't be
content to keep your faith to yourselves then we'll keep trying to stop you.

Hawke