John

Default Wood Veneer contiboard

Cicero wrote:
"Cicero" wrote in message
Does anybody know if contiboard is still made with a plain wood
veneer? I'm looking for a genuine veneer which can be sanded and
varnished rather than the plastic 'wood effect' product.

Tia,

Cic.

==================
Thanks to all who replied. I really did mean 'contiboard' because
it's 5/8" (16mm approx) rather than the more usual sheet sizes of
12mm / 18 mm etc. It also has finished long edges which saves a lot
of work.

I'll try Homebase to see if it's there but otherwise I'll probably
have to compromise on thickness and try one of the alternative
suggestions.

Many thanks,

Cic.

You can definitly buy it in B&Q, I bought a 8 foot x 18 inch board in light
oak only a couple of weeks ago. If I remember correctly there was 3 or 4
different finishes in 'real' veneer and about 6 in the plastic variety. As
a previous poster said it wont take a lot of sanding abuse though.

HTH

John