Boots

Default Squirrels = 3 vs. Me = 0

i feed them lead and it works quite well S=0 Me= 6
"SteveB" wrote in message

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

Not completely OT, but I received this book as a gift a

while ago and it's
really a hoot.

http://tinyurl.com/bq9n9

About five years ago I converted the kids' old gumball

machine into a
squirrel feeder. It took the little bushy tailed roof rats

less than a day
to figure out how to crank it around to get themselves

some dried corn.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/nuts.jpg

(Last pix in the series is just a gag I lifted elsewhere.)

They chew up the wooden handle pretty good, I've had to

replace it a
couple of times already.

Jeff

I saw a great program on, I believe on the Beeb. It was
about squirrels,
and how they could figure out things. They had a
competition to see who
could make a squirrel proof bird feeder. They used a
section of threaded
wood beads about 1" in diameter, and six feet long. It
didn't take them
long to figure out they had to run across really fast to
make it. Quite a
few fell off first.

Then they went on to other things the squirrels had to
figure out. The
whole show was very interesting and funny, as they showed
some of the things
squirrels would do including one hanging from the other's
feet to reach
something.

The engineering and creativity of the humans was
interesting, too.

Steve