CJT

Default Heating effect of AC vs DC

Surfer wrote:

I would like to test the current carrying capability of a connector that's
used in a 208VAC 3-phase circuit. I have the manufacturer's spec (10 amps at
300V) and just want to verify performance in this application. For reasons
that would take too long to explain, I want to test this connector out of
circuit. It was suggested to just use a low voltage supply, like a PC power
supply and set up a resistive load that would deliver 10 amps.

Since the formula for power, P=I^2*R doesn't include a value for voltage,
would 10 amps at 3VDC provide the same heating effect as 10 amps at 208VAC?

RMS?