Don R Sayler

Default belt problem ..dont laff

Leo, I was one who tried it on the Nova, it worked but was far too noisy so
I gave up on that idea. The bottom of the links hammer on the pulley ridges
and produce a sort of whine that is not very pleasant.

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
news

"robo hippy" wrote: (clip) I would imagine that if a standard v belt
works,
then a link belt will work.
No need to imagine. It works fine. On reversible lathes, some people

worry
about the direction of the links. That doesn't seem to matter either. We
have even had postings that they were used successfully on Nova lathes,
where flat ribbed belts are called for, but that one makes me wonder a
little.