Default Sloping gara, -er, SHOP floor

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:35:06 -0500, Matt Stachoni
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:23:13 -0600, Robert Galloway
wrote:

I'd go with the sloped sleepers before building bases to level up the
tools. Wood's a heck of a lot nicer to stand on over a long period than
concrete. Big questions would be; "How long do you expect to be in this
house?" and "in a pinch are you going to want to get a vehicle into the
garage?"

Thanks, two questions which I've been asking myself quite a bit
lately...

I could build the plywood-on-sleepers to be in removable sections,
that lock into sleepers that would be fixed to the floor at the
perimeter only. That way I could roll everything around and take them
up to get the car in, in case of a hurricane, 3' of snow, fight
w/crazy neighbor, etc. Imagine it would cost a buttload, though.

- Matt

you could also use the space below- the low end, anyway- to route DC
and air and power lines....