nic

Default Chopsaw blade on a tablesaw?

I see now that Harbor Freight has "metal cutting" blades. 7.25", 10", 12",
and 14"
http://order.harborfreight.com/EasyA...20PST%202 005
They are mail order only it seems, and I have not put an order together to
get one to try. They are quite a bit cheaper than any of the other "name
brand" blades that I have seen.
I have a Matsu****a 7.25" that works great, but have abused it too much and
so there are some teeth chipped or missing.
The abrasive blades are hard on saws, I've burnt up the bearings in one
skill saw, and now I will only use them on cheap, throwaway type saws.
The vibration in the abrasive blades can be improved greatly by dressing
both the diameter, and the sides, which is really not recommended since it
weakens the blade.

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
. ..
Mike Young wrote:

I need to cut a lot of 16 ga., and so thought I would put the tablesaw to
work with a chopsaw blade. ...

The table saw will work fine, but you need a Tennyru style blade (C6
carbide). You can get a 7 1/4" Matshu****a for $35 from Medford Tool:
http://www.medfordtools.com/matsushi...elcutters.html

It will fly through 16 ga & the cut will be clean and straight. Yeah,
kinda noisy and the chips are VERY hot. I have a small dedicated TS with
one of these blades, just for steel.

Bob