Barney-Killer

Default OT-Got to love the Liberals

On 7 Nov 2005 06:26:40 -0800, "tillius"
wrote:

Second, there is no god.

If there is no God, why is it that you atheists get so worked up about
those who know God is real?

Because god *isn't* real....any more than any of the thousands of
other gods that superstitious humans have worshipped since before we
crawled out of the caves\trees. (And you are probably thinking to
yourself, "But my God is the one true God". Hey, wait a minute...They
have ALL "said" that...!)
Christianity, like Islam and Judaism, are all relatively the "new
kids on the block" as far as religion goes. Study human history,
you'll see what I mean.

Bottom line, we're not trying to pass laws or re-interpret the
constitution to prevent you from professing your faith, although I do
acknoledge that occurred (wrongly) in the past. Why do you fight so
hard to restrict our Faith? What about it threatens you so?

Tillman

Hmmm, let's see... thousands of years of war, tyranny, oppression,
terrorism, looting, sexual depravity, ad nauseum, all in the name of
this, that, or some other "god". How many wars have been fought, and
how much blood has been spilled over religious differences, as opposed
to differences in scientific theory?
Look at the content of the Old Testament... Doesn't "your" god sound
like a blood-thirsty demon?
Offering up everybody's enemies like sheep to the slaughter? And then
POOF! suddenly in the "New" Testament "he" is all cuddly and
luvy-duvy.
Doesn' t the difference make you wonder just a little bit who is
kidding who(m)????
In some countries, it is "the law" to practice whatever brand of
religion is going, or else!
If it wasn't all so tragic, it would make me die from laughter...
If the human race continues to believe in such utter nonsense, then we
are indeed doomed to self-destruction... "My god has a bigger dick
than your god". It is so pathetically ridiculous.

I'm just saying, man, if you want to believe in it, and it makes you
happy doing so, then more power to ya. But I'm telling you, it just
isn't for real...

BK