jammer

Default Lead part - cast or turn?

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:47:22 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Wayne Cook wrote:

Never fear, you can always move on to belt sander drag racing.

http://users.rcn.com/markt.dnai/lett...beltsander.htm

Been there done it :-)

The place is Kenyon Woodworking in Jamaica Plains Ma. Four of us from
Maine head down there once year or so to compete in some type of
annual race. Usually have thirty or so racers and manyyyyyyyyyyy more
spectators. They have a 75' foot track set up just like a drag strip.
Three of us four run in the "modified class" I run a Makita 4x24
with twin motors. Usually get a trophy or end up breaking something
on the sander in the process. Under two seconds to go 75 feet
when its tweaked right, turning some pretty good rpm's.

Ten dollar entry fee to race, I'st, 2nd and third is good for a
trophy and some cash in both stock and modified classes. Spectators
get in free, Samual Adams beer is supplied free.......... their
brewery is in the same complex as the wood shop and a pallet of
various samples of their ale is supplied. It can get a bit touchy
as the day progresses... Power tools and beer open belts, chains and
such with no guards.... Luckily the racers are more into racing
than drinking.

Hmmmm Halloween is past and no race.......... maybe super bowl
weekend, Where is my sander? Need to check that puppy out.