Mark

Default New TV aerial for 'strong' or 'weak' signal?

Lobster typed:

Today I was quoted 47+vat for a straightforward replacment of the
existing bog-standard 8-element aerial; or about 90+vat if I wanted a
digital-compatible one (and that's definitely just for the aerial, as
all the cable is already new CT100). Wow!

The guy said it would be one like 'next door's - which from my
uneducated viewpoint looks something like this one:
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/029%202%20hi%20gain%20&%20DAB.html. I
reckon about 1 in 20 aerials in our street are like that; the rest are
like mine. Is this beast really so much more expensive than a common
or garden aerial, and is it necessary?

Top one is an Antiference XG see below for price compered to standard .
http://tinyurl.com/c7f25

-