Pete C

Default Council tax and new ways..........

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:31:24 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

There should be something at least as a tax break or as a contribution
from the local authority for education. I'm perfectly happy to pay
into the pot for those who wish to use the state system, but I do
think that the state should at least recompense the equivalent amount
spent in the state system to educate a child to those wishing to
choose an alternative.

This makes 2 assumptions; that payment of taxes is for services
rendered to the individual, and also that taxes paid are equal to the
service received.

In reality taxes paid by the individual pay for others education and
healthcare and vice versa.

So IMHO the approval of a voucher system need to come about through
democratic means.

I really don't like to see my taxes spent on NHS care for people's
self inflicted health problems. However under a voucher system they
would ALSO be subsidising the similar treatment of people who could
otherwise wholly afford their own health care.

cheers,
Pete.