Tony

Default No heat upstairs, cannot locate CH pump, what to do

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:07:05 +0000, Ed Sirett
wrote:

IIRC the pump is inside the boiler case on a Mexico.

The usual cause of upstairs rads failing is

No water (but still enough for downstairs.
Rads full of air.
Stuck TRVs.

Thanks for the reply Ed,,

I don't have any TRV so its not that, I've gone around and bled all
the rads, so its not that... How would I know if " no water " to run
the upstairs radiators, the header tank is full and when I bled the
rads the air was followed by water, so I assume that the header tank
is topping up the system...

Heres a silly question , if it is the pump??, can a second pump be
used, can the original pump be electrically disconnected from the
controller (Danfoss 103E5 ) and a new pump wired in, in its place,
this would assume that the original pump would remain passive open? ,
is that the case, I not sure how these pumps function.

May be stupid logic , but may also save a lot of cash and almost
wrecking our beautiful kitchen..

... Tony