Dave Plowman (News)

Default Council tax and new ways..........

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Regular collections paid for out of the rates (or whatever) are by far the
best - and most cost effective - method.

It would be if it dealt with the *whole* problem. It doesn't.

If I want to get rid of garden materials,

Garden materials are best composted. Better for the environment in every
way - and for the garden.

scraps of wood

Must be large scraps if they won't fit in a dustbin. Which then come under
the heading of commercial waste. After all, you object to paying a flat
rate for rubbish collection?

or larger things I have to take it to the tip or get a skip.

Well, yes. Domestic rubbish collection is normally restricted to the day
to day domestic rubbish, strangely. Think of the size of a dustcart that
would be needed to take away the contents of the average skip. ;-)

--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.