Andy Hall

Default Council tax and new ways..........

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:00:41 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
So you'd be assessed on the number of bags of rubbish that had to be
taken away? How often you walked and wore out the pavement? ;-)

Well no... I was thinking more about the high ticket items like
education and those that can easily be handled individually.

So you believe only the children of the well off should be educated?

No. But I do believe in choice without penalty.

Have
you thought this one through?

Of course. In my original comment, I did say that I thought that it
was reasonable for those with the ability to pay to effectively
subsidise those with less ability to pay.

Like healthcare, I think that it should be handled through a voucher
system whereby the state or local authority provides vouchers to all
users of services that are adequate to fund it.

However, those who wish to supplement via cash, insurance or other
financial vehicles should be able to do so in educational or
healthcare facilities of their choice.

As it is today, there are choice limitations and tax hits for such
choices. I don't think that that is reasonable.

--

..andy