Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Default Council tax and new ways..........

wrote:

I have no sympathy with those in large houses who winge about council
tax/rates, They have the capital of the house, If it is too large for them
then they should sell up and move somewhere smaller.

But the current issue is not with size or particularly location, but one
of "view" where councils refuse to acknowledge anyone has a right to a
view and that removal of such view is not detrimental to the value of
the property, they are now suggesting that view is indicative of house
value/worth and as such, as relevant as size/space etc.

I doubt many folks will be bothered, but me me me we have a stunning
view (all be it over the Bristol chanell to llanwern steel works /
Newport) but all the same, it is just another way of screwing a random
selection of the community who place no more of a burden on the
resources than those with more "traditional" views.

And it all comes from those bloody Americans too !!

grumble grumble

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)