Colbyt

Default Dremmel tool

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Robert Allison wrote:

KTECH wrote:
I need to cut a small 1/4 deep slot in my drive to allow for water

flow from
a low spot to the edge of driveway. I can start at driveway edge so it

is
possible to start at open edge. the cut would be about 10"long. Could

this
be done with a dremmel tool and if so what type of wheel or bit would

be
best. I don' t want to use a saw or large wheel because I want to keep

th
drain as neat as possible.
Frank

The blades for dremels are not thick enough to give you a cut
that would drain the water away (at least not with just one
pass. You can get a wide enough cut with a grinder with a
masonry wheel. From my experience, you will get a neater cut
with the grinder than you will from a dremel, anyway.

If you must use the dremel, then use a masonry wheel. The cut
is only going to be about 1/32 wide unless you make 2 passes
and then chip out the material between the passes.

And I'd think it would take a zillion of the little Dremel cutters as
ime they'll just melt away w/ that kind of abuse...

I'd get a masonry blade for the hand circular saw and use it w/ a guide
block to make two or three passes...

While I agree that an angle grinder is a better tool for this job then the
dremel.

I agree even more with Duane that a circ saw and masonry blade is the way to
go. Multiple passes and you can make it deeper towards the edge if
necessary.

The drill a hole suggestion may be the winner for best looks.

Colbyt