Default Get rid of fish smell

zxcvbob wrote:
Don wrote:

We had a mishap with our freezer in our basement. The freezer door did not
shut one night and some of the items started to thaw out. I had some fish in
bags filled with water and the water started melting. I cleaned up the water
with bleach and water mixture but it still smells pretty bad. The freezer is
on ceramic tile, not carpet. Should I try a full strength bleach or does
anyone have a better solution? I checked under the freezer and there is not
a drip tray so I know there is not any standing water.

How bad does it smell? My wife said it smells like a bad period. gag gag

Help me ....please!

Thanks

Vinegar will neutralize the fishy smell.
Follow-up with a commercial disinfectant that contains quaternary
ammonia (the active ingredient will be something unpronouncable that
looks very much like "dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride".)

Best regards,
Bob

Then sprinkle with lemon and perhaps a bit of tartar sauce on the side.