Robert Allison

Default Dremmel tool

KTECH wrote:
I need to cut a small 1/4 deep slot in my drive to allow for water flow from
a low spot to the edge of driveway. I can start at driveway edge so it is
possible to start at open edge. the cut would be about 10"long. Could this
be done with a dremmel tool and if so what type of wheel or bit would be
best. I don' t want to use a saw or large wheel because I want to keep th
drain as neat as possible.
Frank

The blades for dremels are not thick enough to give you a cut
that would drain the water away (at least not with just one
pass. You can get a wide enough cut with a grinder with a
masonry wheel. From my experience, you will get a neater cut
with the grinder than you will from a dremel, anyway.

If you must use the dremel, then use a masonry wheel. The cut
is only going to be about 1/32 wide unless you make 2 passes
and then chip out the material between the passes.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.