Stacy

Default Wall Oven Supports

Stacy wrote:
We're replacing a very old double oven with a single Thermador unit,
and the installation spec
calls for installing 2x4 supports. I can't get anyone to do it in time
for the new unit's arrival so we have to do it ourselves.

What method/hardware should be used to secure the supports to the
cabinet walls? The diagram suggest that the 2x4 be perpendicular to the
wall, but that would seem to require some pretty big screws. What's the
best way to do this?

Heres the install doc:

http://www.bshextranet.com/files/tec...%20Install.pdf

Thanks

Stacy

OK, so they took away the old oven this morning, and I'm a bit
surprised at what I see. Under the old double oven, which from the way
the two enormous men were struggling weighed about 200lbs, was
supported by 2 3/4 x 3/4 runners with 3 1.5" screws each, and a 3/4
particle board shelf over them. No special supports in the rear. I'm
wondering how these could have worked? Is the weight distributed so
evenly that such small supports could work? I'm thinking of using the
same shelf (since it fits perfectly of course) rather than the 2 x 4
runners. If there is no framing behind the cabinet ( I think there is
framing in the front but not the rear, how much weight can a shelf
thats just screwed into a 3/4" cabinet be expected to hold?