Leonard Caillouet

Default RCA P46730WK PTK169PCA flicker in video, tuner

This one came in with intermittent power, low B+ when not turning on. Found
the 39 uF cap on the chopper bad and the 2.2uF cap on the controller IC high
in ESR. OK, that was pretty straightforward. Now it runs ok, except that
it starts to flicker when it heats up. When it does, all of the supplies
that I have been able to find seem rock solid. Cooling the obvious stuff
has no effect. The set previously was serviced for the brown goo from the
rubber spacers and the boards were thoroughly cleaned. A few caps in the
PIP circuit were changed at that time, and they all check ok now. Now the
strange part. Once it starts to flicker, if I turn the set off and back on,
it will be fine and never starts again until the set is off for a long while
and restarted. When it starts it is fine, then starts to flicker after
running up to normal temp. Seems like a cap, but have not been able to find
the one that is acting up.

Checked the Intrepid, TechAssist files and archives, plus a few more sites
and no luck excep some unstable brightness tips for CR2901 but it is not
thermally sensitive. Haven't checked for signal there yet as the unit is
now running ok.

Any ideas?

Leonard