Martin Norberg

Default Dead Fluke 37 meter

I don't know where you were looking ... but that statement is incorrect.

The Fluke 37 Operating manual (924 KB Adobe Acrobat)
is on the Fluke US web site (Support - Manuals - 37)
http://us.fluke.com/usen/support/manuals/default.htm

Well, an operating manual isn't going to get me very far, is it?
I downloaded it and read it but it doesn't say anything about
repairing the unit. I mean like in checking the ICs, where to find
test points and interpreting the results etc.
There were however service manuals for other DMMs. Is there another
model with similar intestines that has a compatible manual?

The Fluke 37 has 3 internal fuses as well as a battery inside its case.
Have you checked the fuses or battery to see if they are good?

Yes on all accounts, as soon as I laid my hands on it...

Tech Recovery still sells used versions of the Fluke 37 for around $100
Sphere has 2 of them for $200 each.
http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/fluke1.html

Interesting, I didn't know it was still this valuable.
Anyone else who has repaired Flukes of this vintage here? Still
looking for tips or maybe a scan of the service manual for Fluke 37
meters.
Thanks,
Martin