Dr. Deb

Default Would this be a mistake

wrote:

I'm thinking about getting into turning - just small stuff, pens,
ornaments, wine stoppers, etc. Would it be a mistake to get a Penn
State midi lathe like this
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/tclpro.html or is it just a glorified
Harbor Freight machine. I don't see myself turning anything larger but
who knows. I'd like to get something that has a bed extension
available just in case.

Should I stick with a Delta or Jet or is the Penn State model a decent
piece of equipement?

TIA,

Steve

No, it would not be a mistake. By the same token my first lathe was not a
mistake either (vertical on my drill press and cost about $4.00).

That being said, there is a question that has to be asked, "Can you control
the addiction?" You will know you are being controlled by it, rather than
visa versa, when you wonder who those big kids are who spend a lot of time
at your house (after all the last time you looked, yours were small).

And, yes, the direct deposit option is a good one. :-)

Deb