Rex B

Default Opinions on a used Atlas/Craftsman 12" lathe...

wrote:
In the condition shown, I'd estimate the the value of the lathe and its
accessories to be somewhere between $1500 and $1750 dollars. Were it
me, I'd offer him $1500 for everything, and have the cash with me.

Remember he said $3000 CND. I think you are talking USD here.

that in view of the wrench shown laying across the ways, you would be
well advised to check out the ways and the headstock bearing play very
closely.

That looks like a valuable (~$200 USD) milling attachment sticking out
of the box below. If that's an indication of the care he takes with
storage.....

If after close inspection, you can work out a purchase agreement with
the seller at the above price, you'll be getting a good lathe and
sufficient tooling and accessories to start doing real projects. The
accessories and tooling shown in the photo are on their own worth more
than $500.

I agree that it's very well tooled.
And Atlas lathes are good tools within their limitations. A very active
enthusiast community supports them. Check out the Atlas_Craftsman
Yahoo group.

Rex B