zxcvbob

Default Get rid of fish smell

Don wrote:

We had a mishap with our freezer in our basement. The freezer door did not
shut one night and some of the items started to thaw out. I had some fish in
bags filled with water and the water started melting. I cleaned up the water
with bleach and water mixture but it still smells pretty bad. The freezer is
on ceramic tile, not carpet. Should I try a full strength bleach or does
anyone have a better solution? I checked under the freezer and there is not
a drip tray so I know there is not any standing water.

How bad does it smell? My wife said it smells like a bad period. gag gag

Help me ....please!

Thanks

Vinegar will neutralize the fishy smell.
Follow-up with a commercial disinfectant that contains quaternary
ammonia (the active ingredient will be something unpronouncable that
looks very much like "dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride".)

Best regards,
Bob