Default Xpelair extractor fan

John wrote:
In article .com,
"stixwix" wrote:

I have one of the above with an automatic shutter that opens when it is
switched on (this makes quite a loud noise when it opens). The fan
itself still works but the shutter now fails to open (and makes no
noise).

As others have said: it needs cleaning. I have an Xpelair, and it is
supremely easy to dismount from its housing, and to dismantle. Be
prepared to be disgusted by the grease. Only ONE liquid will get the
grease off: white spirit; you also need a small, old paintbrush, and a
new roll of kitchen roll. Then wash it in hot soapy water (but obviously
not the motor, like). If you've never cleaned it, it will take you
ages, but it will be well worth it.

A nice, simple DIY job which brings great and instant rewards: how many
of 'em are like that.

John

DIshwashable?

NT