Jonathan

Default Council tax and new ways..........

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Yup, and no-one is able to tell me why the complex and unfair system we
have now is better than the poll tax.

Anyone?

It isn't. In the main, people should pay for what they use. That
seems to me to be the fairest way.

So you'd be assessed on the number of bags of rubbish that had to be taken
away?

Why be assessed? Why not just charge for each bag, like many places do?
Pay at point of use - but if an idea is simple, it's probably not going to
work.
How much fairer could it be than to scrap the complex idea of banded road
tax discs, and just stick it on the price of petrol?
The more you use, the more you pay.

I've just realised something - how on earth did we get onto this in a DIY
group?!?