Dave Plowman (News)

Default All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

In article ,
John Cartmell wrote:
Poll tax - so named by lefties who weren't paying Rates;

My poll tax was much less than my rates - because the rate revaluation
had been put off and put off and put off. ;-(

My mother - who was the typical widow living on her own in the family
house that it was said to help - ended up paying more with the poll tax
than rates. The rating system being an old and refined tax had more
sophisticated rebates for those of low income. Even as a lifelong Tory she
wasn't impressed.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.