Geoffrey

Default Council tax and new ways..........

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:25:28 -0000, "Jonathan"
wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Isn't this the reason they got rid of rateable value and went to the
community charge, then council tax as the first was grossly unfair?

Yup, and no-one is able to tell me why the complex and unfair system we have
now is better than the poll tax.

Anyone?

IIRC, it was something to do with Crispin & Pamela St John Regis
living in the 3 bed penthouse in Belgravia Daddy bought them as a
wedding gift paying pretty much the same as Darran and Tracey Butcher
living in their 2 bed council penthouse in Tower Hamlets.

I could be wrong though - I often am.

--
Warning: Do not look directly into laser with remaining eye.